Craniosacral Therapy is a gentle, non-invasive approach to wellness. With a focus on unwinding fascia, through encouraging the unrestricted flow of Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF) around the brain and the spinal cord.
Through injury, illness, etc. the flow and rhythm of the csf fluid can become restricted or blocked causing the Craniosacral rhythm to feel irregular or uneven, thus movement of joints can become compressed and range of motion limited.
Releasing fascia allows better range of movement of muscles, and joints while also opening up restrictions in the skin and vital organs. With Craniosacral Therapy the sacrum, vertebrae and head are encouraged to return to their natural supporting positions.
Through very gentle hands on techniques, a Craniosacral Therapist is trained to sense the areas in the client's body where there are restrictions in fascia or muscles and then listen to the body's response on how to proceed in making changes and release restrictions. Craniosacral Therapy helps to turn on your body's own innate healing power and in that creates optimal health.
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Learning Disabilities
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction